ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS / MASTERS BY COURSEWORK
GENERAL REQUIREMENTSAn applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
1. A holder of an honours degree of this University or any other recognized Institution;
2. A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
3. In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
GENERAL NOTICE1. (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments or their current Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
2. Candidates awaiting Bachelor's degree results need not apply.
3. A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
4. All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTSSome departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on any of the below links to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS MASTERS DEGREE BY COURSEWORK PROFESSIONAL MASTERS DEGREES
ELIGIBILITY FOR M.PHIL / PH.D PROGRAMME
GENERAL REQUIREMENTSMasters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
(i) A candidate who has a Bachelor's degree from this University or other University recognized by the University of Lagos Senate with at least a Second Class (Upper Division), or a Master's degree may be admitted for the degree of a Masters of Philosophy.
(ii) The candidate with a Master's degree must have a CGPA of at least 2.50 in the grading system in use before 1990/1991 and at least 3.50 in the grading system after the 1990/1991 session.
(iii) Candidates should note that admission to the M.Phil/P.hD. programmes is subject to availability of supervisors
(iv) The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
(i) A graduate of this University or any other University recognized by the University of Lagos Senate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Philosophy may be admitted as a candidate for the Doctor of Philosophy.
(ii) Or a graduate of this University or other recognised University who has obtained an appropriate Masters degree by coursework with a CGPA of at least 2.79 in the grading system in use before 1990/91 or at least, 4.0 in the grading system after the 1990/1991 session.
(iii) For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
(iv) Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying. (v) All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS' DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER'S LEVEL.
SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTSSome departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on the below link to view the requirements for your programme of choice.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY(M.PHIL) / DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (P.HD) Requirements