our core mandate is to asssit our students to fulfil their dreams through the pursuit of academic excellence.
ELIGIBILITY FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMAS / MASTERS BY COURSEWORK
An applicant for admission to a programme shall be:
- Must possess a Bachelors’s degree of this University or any approved University;
- A person who holds other qualification(s) recognized by senate of the University of Lagos;
- In addition to (i) and (ii) above, an applicant may be required, as a condition for admission, to undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
- (i) Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply.
- All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on any of the below links to view the requirements for your programme of choice
ELIGIBILITY FOR M.PHIL / PH.D PROGRAMME
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
To qualify for admission to the above programme:
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
- Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50
- All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for availability of supervisors before applying
- The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0
- Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
- All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
Note: ALL CANDIDATES FOR M. Phil./Ph.D. ADMISSIONS ARE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS OF THEIR MASTERS’ DEGREES OR FORMAL EVIDENCE OF PERFORMANCE AT MASTER’S LEVEL.
Some departments have specific requirements for admission. Click on the below link to view the requirements for your programme of choice.